Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

Gwangmyeong Cave Gwangmyeong Cave’, combining values of culture and industrial heritage

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Tourist Attractions
  • Gyeonggi Gwangmyeong-si

We believe that Korea Tour Card includes all the benefits that are needed by foreign tourists as it has partners in various areas including shopping, hospitality, food and beverages, tourism, and experiences. 

After taking the metro from Seoul and getting off at Exit 8 of Gwangmyeong station, there will be a bus stop straight ahead. I was able to move quickly and easily to Gwangmyeong cave by using Bus 77.  

After getting off the bus stop (Bus 77, 1st Parking Lot), there are two roads to the ticket office, one shortcut and the other Jeongdaun-gil. Although the shortcut has stairs that leads you immediately to your destination, you could also enjoy the view through the gentle slope when taking the Jeongdaun-gil. Which road would you take?

Double the Enjoyment at Gwangmyeong Cave with Korea Tour Card

When I presented my Korea Tour Card at the ticket office, I was able to receive a 50% discount for my entrance ticket. As I enjoyed my walk along the entrance of the Gwangymeong Cave, it led to the wind path. I continued my way while observing the photos of Gwangmyeong Cave that were displayed side-by-side with notices that were written in foreign languages (English, Chinese). 

As I progressed deeper into the cave, mini lightbulbs lit up the entire area in different colors. After passing through the cave which makes you feel like you are in a fantasy movie, one can meet the cave’s Aqua World for viewing various types of fish, a golden path where one is surrounded by gold, a wishing wall where one can write and hang their wishes, as well as a golden waterfall where it seems as if gold is pouring out. 

Shall we continue our journey deeper into the world of the cave underground? Here, there was a golden palace and room, the cave’s underground lake, a life-sized model of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, and the cave’s king within an area in which it seemed as if a dragon was encircling it all. In addition, you could encounter bedrock water which was used by actual miners in the past. 

#Finishing the Gwangmyeong Cave tour at the most popular place in the Cave, the Wine Cave!

The place where I had the most fun was the Wine Cave, which was the last course of the Gwangmyeong Cave. Here, I was able to learn about the origin and history of wine, domestic and imported wine, and wines that received awards at wine festivals. It was a pity that the wine tasting was not being held this time, when I found out that it was possible before COVID-19 situation apparently. However, I was able to feel more relieved, since they were following the preventive measures very well. I thought of visiting here again once they restart wine tasting to leave no regrets for not experiencing it.

I took a selfie with the Korea Tour Card who made the trip twice as fun, and finished my trip by taking a photo at the Gwangmyeong Cave photo zone. I promised myself that I would recommend to all my foreign friends who are planning to go on a trip to go to Gwangmyeong Cave as it has plenty of new things to see! 

Gwangmyeong Cave 홈페이지

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - 50% discount on admission fee
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

- Adult 6,000 won → 3,000 won/ Youth 3,500 won → 1,800 won/ Child 2,000 won → 1,000 won 

• Address 142, Gahak-ro 85beon-gil, Gwangmyeong-si, Gyeonggi-do
  • Inquiry +82 31-1688-8902
  • 이용시간 09:00~18:00 (Last admission 17:00)
  • Closed days

- Closed Every Monday

• Transportation

- Bus 17

• Reminders

-

Places you may visit

• Gwangmyeong Market
    • Having started as a small market that opened every 5 days in 1970, it has now grown into a large market where approximately 350 stores are gathered together. It is a place where people can experience various types of food and the charm of a traditional market, being one of the most famous traditional markets in the country.

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

- 

• Address 17-5, Gwangi-ro 13beon-gil, Gwangmyeong-si, Gyeonggi-do
    • Inquiry

+82 2-2614-0006

• Dodeoksan Mountain Dodeok Jeong
    • A pavilion located at the top of Dodeoksan (183m), which is at the center of the Gwangymeong downtown district, Dodeok Jeong overlooks all Gwangymeong downtown in one view. The way to Dodeok Jeong is more enjoyable because there is a wall fountain and an artificial waterfall at the entrance of Dodeoksan Mountain across Gwangmyeong 7dong Jungang Heights.

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

• Address San75, Gwangmyeong-si, Gyeonggi-do
    • Inquiry

+82 2-2680-6462