Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

Nami Island Let's visit famous scenes from K-dramas in Nami Island

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Tourist Attractions
  • Gangwon Chuncheon-si

I am a fan of K-dramas. The scene of Nami Island covered in snow from "Winter Sonata" made me want to visit this place someday. From romantic metasequoia path to tasty street food — come and take a look at my exciting trip to Nami Island! 

To Nami Island with KOREA TOUR CARD

I went to Nami Island from Seoul with just a single KOREA TOUR CARD. Taking the train in Gyeongchun Line from Seoul, I got off at Gapyeong Station. Then, from Gapyeong Station, I took the bus No.10-4, and got off at the "Nami Island" stop.

Entry visa for Naminara Republic, check!

To enter the Nami Island, you need to purchase an admission ticket. I went to the ticket box, where it said "Naminara Republic Entry Visa." Here, Nami Island is called Naminara Republic and the admission ticket is called entry visa. How interesting is that? The admission ticket covers both entry to the island and ferry fee. The cost is KRW 16,000.

The benefit of KOREA TOUR CARD, have you heard of the Nami Tongbo?

Get Korea Tour Card benefits and start your trip! If you show your Korea Tour Card at the Nami Island Tourism Office located on the island, you can receive 1,000 in Nami Cash (NM). Nami Tongbo is decorated with beautiful stars and the moon of Nami Island, capturing the Korean beauty. It is a currency that can be actually used in Nami Island just like regular cash, so don't miss out on this benefit! Thanks to KOREA TOUR CARD, I started my trip so excitedly.

Finally entering Naminara Republic!

There are two ways to get to Nami Island. One way is taking a ferry, just like I did, and the other is going on a zip wire. The view of Nami Island surrounded by forests seen from the sky would have been really great, but I chose to take the ferry to see the shining sceneries of Bukhangang River from a closer view.

How do I use Nami Tongbo?

Inside Nami Island, Nami Tongbo can be used just like Korean won. As soon as I entered Nami Island, I saw hotteok that seemed so good, so I got one with Nami Tongbo. Hotteok is a popular Korean winter snack, which is a type of pancake; its dough is made out of sticky rice and flour with sugar in it. The snack is made right away once the order is made. One bite of freshly-made hotteok left a phenomenal sweetness inside my mouth. When you come to Nami Island, do not forget to try hotteok!

Don't you want your own Korean stamp? 

Nami Island has workshops where visitors can experience glass arts, make pottery and stamps, paint soju bottles, and more. As a French, I wanted to make a stamp with my name written on it in Korean. So, I chose to experience "making stamps."

I designed my stamp thinking how I wanted it to look like and wrote my name "Camille" in Korean on it. The design was duplicated using a carbon paper, and I started shaping the stamp using a carving knife. This process was so fun that I even lost the track of time. Doesn't my stamp look amazing? Even when I go back to France, I will always remember Korea whenever I see this stamp.

Nami Island, the island combined with nature and the beauty of Korea

After making the stamp, I took a walk in all areas of Nami Island. There are a lot of Korean traditional houses called hanok that catch my eye in this area. I was so amused by seeing the trees under sunlight and the beautifully harmonizing hanoks! If you're lucky, you might even get to see squirrels, peacocks, ostriches, and lot more animals. Isn't that great? 

Riding bikes along the Metasequoia Lane

One thing you should not miss in Nami Island is the Metasequoia Lane. I rented a bike at the Nami Island Bike Center to quickly see the street that was featured in Winter Sonata. It felt so great riding along the path lined up with metasequoia tress while feeling the breeze that passes me by! This concluded my trip, making me feel like I'm the leading role in K-drama.

Did you enjoy my trip to Nami Island with KOREA TOUR CARD? I highly recommend visiting Nami Island, if you are looking for a happy and peaceful getaway place from the busy urban life.

Nami Island 홈페이지

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - 1,000 NM (worth 1,000 KRW) as the commemorative coin of Nami Island currency is offered. * Can be used on Nami Island
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

• Address 1 Namiseom-gil, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
  • Inquiry +82 31-580-8114
  • 이용시간 Ferry operating hours 08:00 ~ 21:00
  • Closed days

Open all year round 

• Transportation

Get on bus No.10-4 from Gapyeong Station 

• Reminders

You can enjoy Korea Tour Card benefits through the Nami Island Tourism Office located on the island.

Places you may visit

• Animation Museum 홈페이지
    • The one and only Animation Museum in Korea, where visitors can see the history of Korean and world animation. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

- 20% discount on admission fee

- 30% discount on combined admission fee for Animation Museum & Robot Studio

• Address 367, Hyeonam-ri, Seo-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
    • Inquiry

+82 33-245-6470 

• Robot Studio 홈페이지
    • The Robot Studio is not just for a simple exhibition of robots, but visitors can actually control robots and play games such as boxing and soccer. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

- 20% discount on admission fee

- 30% discount on combined admission fee for Animation Museum & Robot Studio

• Address 367, Hyeonam-ri, Seo-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
    • Inquiry +82 33-245-6461