Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

Geoje Sea World Geoje Sea World, let’s take a picture of the day with dolphins and belugas

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Entertainment
  • Gyeongsangnam-do Geoje-si

Do you know Geoje Island? As a foreigner, it sounds unfamiliar to me, but it is the second largest island in Korea after Jeju Island. Unlike Jeju Island, it is connected to land, so it is a fascinating tourist location, where you can go not only on an airplane, but also by bus, car, and other means of transportation. 

In Geoje Island, a beautiful island surrounded by sea and mountains, there is ‘Geoje Sea World’, the biggest facility in Korea, where you can experience dolphins. Not only can you interact with dolphins and belugas by touching and swimming together, there is a breeding facility considering the dolphins’ welfare, which is a place I have always wanted to visit as someone who loves sea animals. 

Take off to Geoje together with the Korea Tour Card!

Since  Geoje island is close to Busan,, I decided to take a plane to Busan from Seoul. I went to Gimpo International Airport by subway using the Korea Tour Card, then got myself on a plane to Gimhae. After arriving in Gimhae International Airport, I went to Geoje Gohyeon Bus Terminal on intra·intercity buses, then finally arrived at Geoje Sea World by taking a taxi using the Korea Tour Card! 

 Gimhae International Airport > Gohyeon Bus Terminal transportation information

City bus Gangseo-gu 13(Gimhae International Airport>Myeongji Saedongne Station) ▶ intercity bus 2000(Myeongji Saedongne Station> Yeonsa Station)  30, 31(Yeonsa Station>Gohyeon Bus Terminal)                                                                                                                                     

GET your Korea Tour Card and GET discounts on entrance fee

After getting a 10% discount on the second floor ticket booth, I visited the enormous aquarium back down at first floor, where I could see the dolphins and belugas!

I was awestruck by the sight of belugas, which I have only seen on TV . Doesn’t it look like it is talking to me? There was usually a beluga water show, but it had been stopped due to COVID-19. Right now, there are only outdoor dolphin shows 3~4 times a day, so please keep that in mind.

Passing by the aquarium, there was a reptile hall where you can see more that 50 different types of reptiles. It was nice to see a reptile from my hometown, Brazil.

Traveling back in time at Memory Travel Exhibition·Theme Photo Exhibition 

After looking around the first floor, I had a look around the Memory Travel Hall and Theme Photo Hall on the  second floor before the outside dolphin show started. Going into the Memory Travel Hall I could see old-fashioned aspects of Korea that you can’t easily see now, such as street shops, schools and discotheques. You can even borrow old school uniforms, so it feels like taking a time machine and experiencing Korea back in the 70’s. Time flew as I took pictures while walking around old schools, streets, police boxes, etc. It’s already time for the outside dolphin show to start!

Dolphin show, the courageous one gets the chance to experience!

Highlight! I went to the second floor to watch the dolphin show. The MC, appearing with two smart dolphins, proceeded with a dolphin presentation and told us about their characteristics and behavioral habits. Did you know that big dolphins enjoy joking around for fun? I felt happy watching the mischievous dolphins jumping high in accordance with the instructions of the MC.

The beauty of the dolphin show is being able to actually touch the dolphins! I raised my hands when the MC asked if anyone wanted to touch the dolphins, and luckily, I was chosen. Following the MC’s instruction, I was able to touch the dolphins, and they  jumped according to my gestures .  The mischievous dolphins even splashed cold water on my face. When will I ever be able to have this kind of experience?

There was a photo time after the show. The expert photographer of Geoje Sea World took an amazing photo of me interacting with the dolphins and belugas, and I was able to purchase the picture with a picture frame at the ‘Photo World’ near the entrance.

Go to Geoje Sea World, where even the ending is perfect!  

The moment I was leaving behind the regret of wanting to spend  more time with the dolphins, on a wall on  the second floor, there was a place where I could write a wish and post it. As I felt sad for not being able to watch the beluga show because of COVID-19, I wished that COVID-19 would quickly come to an end.

I will definitely visit Geoje Sea World again and watch the amazing beluga show and also take wonderful pictures. Probably, I won’t forget doing that with the Korea Tour Card, right?

Geoje Sea World 홈페이지

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - 20% off for entrance fee (10% off in May~August)
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

(Adult) 29,000 won -> 23,200 won (May~Aug 26,100 won)

• Address 15, Jisepohaean-ro, Irun-myeon, Geoje-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
  • Inquiry +82 55-682-1551
  • 이용시간 10:00-18:00
  • Closed days

Always open 

• Transportation Regular bus 22, 22-1, 23, 24-1, 60, 60-1, 61, 61-1, 62, 63, 63-1, 64, 64-1, 67
  • Reminders

-

Places you may visit

• Historic Park of Geoje P.O.W. Camp 홈페이지
    • -Based on vivid data and records such as the life of the prisoners of war, barracks, photos, and clothes, it was reborn as the Historic Park of Geoje P.O.W. Camp, and it was created as an educational center of war history and a world-class tourist attraction.

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

20% discount on entrance fee 

• Address 1, Gyeryong-ro, Geoje-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea (Gohyeon-dong, Historic Park of Geoje P.O.W. Camp)
    • Inquiry

+82 55-639-8125 

• Geojedo Sea Hot Springs 홈페이지
    • Geojedo Sea Hot Springs, where the whole family can enjoy, is a national health spa with excellent temperature and elements. 

• KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast Benefits

3,500 won discount on the list price for adults, 2,000 won discount for children below age of 6 

• Address 507, Suyang-ro, Geoje-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea (Geojedo Sea Hot Springs)
    • Inquiry

+82 55-638-3000