Review for our Outstanding Partners

Best Partner

FANTAPIA M A Cup Museum and Art Gallery all in one place ‘Fantapia M’

• KOREA TOUR CARD(basic)
  • Performance & Exhibition
  • Gangwon Gangneung-si

Have you noticed that following the recent trend of colorful thematic traveling, there  have been a lot of emotional tourist attractions packed with activities, serenity, and relaxation? Especially as a person interested in cultural experience, I went up to Gangneung to enjoy the cultural tour with great sensitivity. 

To the special place only in Gangneung, with the Korea Tour Card!

When you travel to many places, you can feel the emotion and features that you can only feel and see at that particular place. ‘Fantapia M’, where I visited, is exactly that kind of place. You can visit both the Fantasy Cup Museum, where cups from  74 countries, including cups from 3,000 years ago to 21 century modern cups, are exhibited, and Jang Gilhwan Art gallery, where it is filled with pieces of work by famous domestic and foreign artists.

In China, my hometown, the tea culture is very well-developed, so I have always enjoyed seeing cups with pretty and special designs ever since I was a child. It is twice as fun since you  can get various benefits such as discounts on entrance fee and experiencing activities.! It was one of the places I was really looking forward to visiting

With the Korea Tour Card, you can even use  public transportation at once!

From Seoul to Gangneung, I got on a bus to Gangneung at the East Seoul Express Bus Terminal. At the tourist information center in the Gangneung Express Bus Terminal, pamphlets in English/Chinese/Japanese were available, and I was able to learn about Gangneung tourist attractions from the information service provided in English and Chinese. Coming out from the terminal, I took the number 206 city bus, and after getting off at ‘HaeDanghwa Tenement House ’ stop, I walked about 10 minutes and finally arrived at ‘Fantapia M’! When I left Seoul, I was worried about traveling to distant places by riding subways, express buses, and city buses, but it was very convenient to use the Korea Tour Card only for all the public transportation.

‘Fantapia M’ newly opened after moving to Anmok Coffee Street, a tourist site of Gangneung, in November 2020. It is located where you can see the East Sea at a glance, so I enjoyed the cool sea breeze for a moment and headed towards the museum.

Feeling the stories of cups from around the world with the five senses

I got a 10% discount on entrance fee by showing my Korea Tour Card at the first floor ticket booth. There was a cafe art shop where you could see the beautiful luxurious cups from around the world, so I enjoyed watching it and headed to the exhibition on  the second floor.

The exhibition hall consists of the history and photo zones of luxury coffee mugs from over 70 countries around the world, including China, Japan, Germany, and the UK, as well as Korea. It was nice to have a more in-depth understanding of the exhibits as the museum provides information services in English, Chinese, and Japanese.

What was particularly memorable was the ‘European Room’ photo zone that reproduces the atmosphere of medieval Europe, and the virtual experience where you can go directly into the cup and float it in the air like magic using augmented reality (AR) technology. When I entered the ‘European Room’ photo zone, I felt as if I had become a lady in medieval Europe, so I took a picture. How does it look? Isn't it really beautiful?

A trip to Gangneung that was more picturesque than pictures, Korea Tour Card is a must-have item for tourists! 

Another kind of fun you can enjoy at ‘Fantapia M’ with the Korea Tour Card! It’s the ‘10% Discount benefit on cup making experience’. After enjoying pieces of art of the domestic and international artists at third floor Jang Gilhwan Art Gallery, I participated in experiencing the ‘Making my own cup’ event at the first floor. If you draw directly on the transfer paper with a pen and colored pencils, the picture is transferred to the mug as is! My one and only cup in the world, don’t you guys want one too?

It was a more meaningful and enjoyable trip viewing the fact that  I was able to see and learn the history of teacups from around the world I like. By extension, I also wanted to participate in other experiences such as fan making and hand dripping coffee. Since you can get a 10% discount on both entrance fee and experience fee using the Korea Tour Card, don’t you think you should definitely bring it when you come back to Korea? 

How about viewing the world's most beautiful cups at Fantapia M and creating your own artwork? 

FANTAPIA M 홈페이지

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits - 10% discount on admission(adults only)
    - 20% discount over 20 people
    - 10% discount on cup-making program fee
  • Fare
    (benefit price)

(Only adults) 10,000 won -> 9,000 won 

20% discount for group over 20 people 10,000 won -> 8,000 won 

Cup making experience fee 18,000 won -> 16,200 won 

• Address 10, Haean-ro, Gangneung-si, Gangwon State, Republic of Korea
  • Inquiry +82 33-661-3413
  • 이용시간 in summer 09:30-18:00, in winter 09:30-17:00
  • Closed days

Always open (Open at 1 PM on Mondays, inquiry is required  for group visits) 

• Transportation

(223-1 bus) Gangneung Station > Get off at Anmok Coffee Street > Fantapia M Museum (Walking. takes about 25 minutes)

(206 bus) Gangneung suburbs, Express Bus Terminal > Get off at HaeDanghwa Tenement House > 

Fantapia M Museum (Walking. takes about 36 minutes)

• Reminders

-

Places you may visit

• Jeongdongjin Time Museum 홈페이지
    • We hope you will find the time of departure, time of commitment, and time of appointment at Jeongdongjin Time Museum, which is composed of a steam locomotive and a 180-meter train in Hourglass Park, the best attraction in Jeongdongjin.

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits 20% discount on entrance fee
    • Address 990-1, Heonhwa-ro, Gangdong-myeon, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
    • Inquiry

+82 33-645-4540 

• - Gangneung Ojukheon Municipal Museum 홈페이지
    • -Contemplate history and feel the bamboo forest at Ojukheon, ‘the birthplace of the world's first mother-and-child printed in currency’, and experience the history and culture of Gangneung at the Municipal Museum.

• KOREA TOUR CARD Benefits

-

• Address 24, Yulgok-ro 3139beon-gil, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
    • Inquiry

+82 33-660-3307